itle=”Screen shot 2011-05-04 at 8.31.53 PM” src=”http://shanesooter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Screen-shot-2011-05-04-at-8.31.53-PM1-680×366.png” alt=”" width=”540″ height=”290″ />
Three Burning Questions
If you’re one of the handful of people who makes their way here for my very first post, I want you to know right from the start whether you’ll want to come back. So with that in mind, go ahead – ask me the three questions that I know you’re just dying to have answered!
1. Who is Shane Sooter, and why on earth should I care?
For the full story, click the ABOUT ME tab…but here’s the Reader’s Digest version:
- I’m the founder and Artistic Director of City at a Hill Productions, a ministry using the language of film to tell stories of faith that speak to the heart. More on what that looks like here.
- I spent three years on the worship staff at the 5th largest church in the country as the go-to guy for all things dramatic and artistic. I understand the challenges of using media and drama in a church setting.
- I’m a self-proclaimed artsy-fartsy dude, struggling daily with the challenges of filmmaking, financing, and leading a crazy team of talented people. I try to lead in a world where ministry vision, artistic idealism, and rubber-meets-the-road practicality seem to be in constant conflict.
- And of more significance than all the above, I’m a man who wrestles daily with what it means to truly follow Jesus.
2. Yet another ministry blog…so what’s this one about?
As you can read for yourself in the header, I’ll be “Blogging the Intersection of Faith, Filmmaking, and the Church”. But what does that look like?
- Church Media: I keep my eye on how churches are using media to teach, move, and inspire. I’ll share the best of the best with you.
- Christian Filmmaking: This is a thrilling time for those using the power of film to explore issues of faith. I’ll give you a behind-the-scenes look at this movement – the good, the bad, and the downright strange.
- Tools & Technique: Making good media is equal parts art and science. I’ll keep you up to date on the latest toys and
- Creativity & Craft: The church has beautifully awakened over the past several years to the value of artists of all kinds in the work of God. I’ll be sharing everything I’ve learned on how to live and work as an artist called to ministry.
3. Why would I add this blog to my already overloaded subscription list?
Who on earth would want to follow a blog helmed by an over-caffeinated drama nerd with far too many toys at his disposal? Well, maybe YOU – if you are…
- …a PASTOR who wants to cultivate a big-picture view of how media can be used to impact your church and community.
- …a WORSHIP LEADER looking to add the power of drama, film, and the arts to the weekend worship experience.
- …a CHURCH MEDIA PRODUCER battling tight budgets and tighter schedules to deliver week after week, looking for all the help you can get!
- …a FILMMAKER striving for excellence in your production values, your artistry, and your theology.
- …a PERSON WHO LOVES FILM, BELIEVES IN THE POWER OF MEDIA IN MINISTRY, AND WANTS TO SCORE THE OCCASIONAL GIVEAWAY FROM CITY ON A HILL PRODUCTIONS THROUGH THIS BLOG!
Since I’ve answered all your deepest questions from the get-go, why not take a chance? Subscribe, tell your friends, and join with me in the conversation. Starting…NOW: What kinds of content would you like me to share? What topics should I explore first? Should I grow my goatee back or remain clean-shaven? Let me know in the comments below!