Help Name our Next Production
Win a full library of City on a Hill films if your name is chosen!
” />While script refinements and music selection continues for our fall production of THE SONG, we’re at a fever pitch of pre-production for our spring shoot. It’s an ensemble drama centered on one of the most perplexing issues that faces mankind – the problem of pain. It is definitely our largest, most complex effort to date.
And…it doesn’t have a name.
That’s where you come in. I’ll be featuring this project in my blog every day this week, giving you the story, the theology, and our vision. I’ll do my best to completely bury you with information and behind-the-scenes perspective. In turn, you start suggesting potential names. Whether in the comments here on the blog, on the City on a Hill Facebook Page, or on Twitter, we’ll be watching the submissions as they come in. Over the weekend, we’ll pour over the submissions, and if yours is chosen, you’ll receive a full library of City on a Hill Productions products – everything we’ve ever done, as well as a special thanks in the credits of the film.
Here are a few high points of information to get your gears turning:
- This project will be our first with Pastor Bob Russell, who served as Senior Pastor at Southeast Christian Church for
more than 40 years.
- Characters are wrestling with war, death, disease, disaster, and all manner of emotional and relational pain.
- The message is that God will always sustain us through suffering and ultimately bring purpose to our pain, if we let him.
- The teaching content will come from Genesis, as we focus on Joseph as the biblical example of faithfulness through suffering.
- In the film, rain serves as a metaphor the powerful causes of suffering that often appear to be beyond our control, seeming acts of God.
- Some early favorites in this name search are Acts of God, and Storm. The subtitle of the small group resources will likely be Trusting God Through Tragedy.
If you have any specific questions as you ponder, just ask them in the comments below and I’ll get back to you asap. Good luck, and may the best name win!